Campus Location: Colchester
Stansted Airport (closest)
- Direct bus from the airport to the University of Essex (X22 service)
- Travel Time: 40-45 min
- Bus Fare: £17 Return (approx.)
- X22 Service: For more details and to book tickets www.tgmX22.com
Gatwick / Heathrow (London)
- Take underground to London Liverpool Street station. From Liverpool Station take a train to Colchester (Station name in Colchester: Colchester North Station). Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester Station approximately every 10-20 minutes.
- Travel Time (London Liverpool Street - Colchester): 1 Hour (approx.)
- You can plan your journey and book tickets here: www.nationalrail.co.uk
Colchester North Station - University of Essex by taxi
- Taxi rank outside Colchester North Station.
- Travel time: approx. 15 minutes
- Fare: £8 (approx.)
Colchester North Station - University of Essex by bus
- Bus stop outside Colchester North Station
- Bus number: 61, 62, 74/74B, 76, 78 approx. every 20 minutes weekdays.
- Travel time: 30 minutes
- Fare: £3 (approx.)
Further information including taxi companies can be found on the Universities page here: www.essex.ac.uk/visiting/colchester.aspx
Please see the list of hotels here: List of Hotels.pdf
Please note that Wivenhoe House Hotel is currently closed for refurbishment.
Alternatively, a variety of hotels and travel lodges can be found here: www.gfb.uk.net/colchester/accommodation.htm.
Colchester Campus & Conference Location:
The following map shows the routes onto the Colchester Campus
The conference is to be held in the Lecture Theatre Block (identified on the above map by the letter 'D'), rooms LTB6 / LTB7, located on the first floor. Poster sessions will be in the foyer area on the ground floor.